Buyers rarely make a purchase the first time they visit a website, so getting them to return to yours is crucial to making the sale. Remarketing is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to do this.
To get started with your remarketing campaign , you will need:
- Google Analytics, to identify who will see your ads; and
- A Google AdWords account.
Some Rules / Caveats of Google Remarketing (Check these Before you Start)
- Google requires an audience of at least 100 users over a 30-day period.
- Your Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts must be linked together so Analytics can pass the audience members to AdWords.
Now, let’s begin by setting up your first Google Analytics remarketing audience.
Google Analytics Remarketing Audience Setup
By default, Google will display your audience to be ‘all users’ who visit your website. However, you do not have to enable this audience.
All Users Audience
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- On the ‘Home’ page, follow the left navigation panel to the bottom and select ‘Admin’ (it will have a gear wheel icon next to it).
- In the middle column (Property), select ‘Audience Definitions.’
- From the Audience Definition drop down, select ‘Audiences.’
- Create your first audience’ screen will open. By default, Google will create your first audience and name it ‘All Users.’ It’s an audience that captures every user that lands on any page of your website.
- Open the dropdown menu under ‘Audience Destinations.’ If your Google AdWords account is linked to your Google Analytics account, you will see your AdWords account listed. Select it, and click ‘Enable.’
To ensure your audience was successfully created, select ‘Audience’ on the Admin main page.
Now you’re ready to set up your remarketing campaign in your Google AdWords account.